Saturday, October 6, 2012

History, Folklore, and Literature

To be honest, I'm starting this blog in order to be able to follow a friend's blog (she uses blogger), and to continue following the blogs that I used to follow on blogger a couple of years ago. But I think I'm also going to use this blog for a new personal project I started that focuses on Christian history, folklore, and literature. So, if you're interested in learning with me - stick around.

My plan is to read (chronologically) through as much Christian literature, history, scripture, and theology as possible so that I can see the 'big picture' of the development of modern Christianity around the world. I don't know how all-encompassing this will be, and I certainly expect this project to take several years. I'm kind of a history and literature geek so I'm getting excited just thinking about it. With my busy schedule, I hope I can stay committed to it.

Although I've only just begun, I feel like this project has been in the making for quite some time. I can't even begin to describe here what I've been going through in my spiritual life for the past twenty years or so (and I'm in my late twenties which means this has been quite a lengthy adventure).

Obviously, this will not be a scholarly or even 'expert' work but more the 'musings of a layman (woman?)' as I progress through Christian history.

Again, I'm really excited to do this for myself. One of my favorite things about history is looking at how historical events are manifested in our modern, collective subconscious attitudes about certain issues. I think that this will open up some interesting points of thought for me as well as some interesting dialogue, if anyone follows and is willing to discuss!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! Glad you are back :) Can't wait to see what you find.