Monday, December 3, 2012

Intro! The Forgotten Books of Eden, The First Book of Adam and Eve.

It's always exciting for me to read some of the extra-Biblical accounts of things that may (or may not) have happened during the lives of famous Biblical characters. So I'm excited to get into the details of what may (or may not) have happened to Adam and Eve during their exile from the garden. There are about 70 something very short chapters (by short I mean like - mere paragraphs long) that describe some of the things that Adam and Eve went through during their exile before Cain and Abel were born.

What I find incredibly interesting about "The Forgotten Books of Eden" and more specifically "The First Book of Adam and Eve," from which I'll be reading, is that despite their non-canonical status - they have incredible amounts of prophecy about Jesus Christ. One of the questions I have is whether these books were written before Christ (as opposed to after Christ, but set in a time period before Christ). The Forgotten Books of Eden seem to have been written before Christ by Egyptians, and discovered and translated into English the early 1900s. Of course, no one really knows the origins of these books (as far as I am aware) and I guess that is one reasons why they can't be considered apart of the canon of scripture.

I'm going to do a little more research into the origins of these books and I'll post what I find. I'll get into the actual text of the book in my next post, which should be soon! So stay tuned :-)


No comments: